cyg_libc_invoke_atexit_handlers

I notice that after my "cyg_user_start" function returns, "exit" is called,
which in turn calls "cyg_libc_invoke_atexit_handlers". This function has a
"cyg_" prefix, so is apparently part of eCos, and not some immutable part of
the C library, so I assume it has some intended use. But I don't understand
why one would want an atexit handler to be called at the end of system
initialization. (I also notice that the destruction of static C++ objects is
fortunately _not_ done by an atexit handler, the way it is with some C++
compilers; indeed my system has no atexit handlers at all.) Since eCos has
no standard shutdown mechanism, is there some reason that atexit handlers
are called at all?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco