Re: Replacing VxWorks with ECOS

Brad,

Just like the answer you got on the RTEMS mail list, it should be
relatively straight forward because of your usage of POSIX.  Do you
have an eCos BSP for the processor or for your development board?

To give you a data point: it took 2 days to convert a VxWorks CAN
driver library to a functioning library in eCos.  To get the code,
CDL, and header written to fit the eCos CAN driver paradigm took about
a week and half.  The major effort was learning the eCos CAN driver
paradigm.  The finished driver is 2k lines including comments,
defines, and code.

Mike