RE: Re: tool to prepare flash image for RedBoot

Hamish,

As Andrew mentioned earlier -- if what you are looking to do is to
replicate an existing image, dumping it via JTAG (or whatever else you
might feel like) after setup is the easiest way to get this done.

If you want a tool that will actually create an FIS layout from existing
images, you will probably have to write this yourself (if one exists, I
don't know of it).  The code to create this is in packages/redboot/{your
version}/src/flash.c and [...]/src/fconfig.c for the boot script etc.
with the respective headers being found in the redboot include
directory.

In the end, unless you're planning to create lots of different images
sets, it would probably be much quicker to just dump an existing flash
image, but that's up to you.

I modified our Redboot to setup the FIS/boot environment during the
first time our boards boot and then to pull down the application image
via USB, so there is always the possibility of doing something like that
as well.

--Chris