From: John Newlin <jnewlin at gmail dot com>
To: Balasaravanan P <pbalasaravanan at gmail dot com>
Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:46:11 -0700
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Ecos port for Xtensa processor core.

----

> Hi,
>
> Is there a port for Xtensa processor core available already.
> Is anybody using Ecos for Xtensa processor.
>
> Thanks,
> Bala.

Tensilica supplies a working version of Redboot, based on the old 1.1
code.? At my previous company (www.stretchinc.com) I ported their code
to the latest ECOS CVS.? I finished most of the port (and fixed a ton
of bugs :P) but never had time to get ECOS running.? I suspect it
would not be terribly difficult, assuming you don't run into serious
tool issues with C++.? Neither Tensilica nor Stretch submitted their
changes back, but if you are Tensilica Licensee, you probably have
their code anyhow.

The latest compiler from Tensilica is no longer gcc based, instead
they have a compiler based on the Open64 compiler from MIPS, so there
may be some issues with C++? if you? do not have the gcc compiler for
Xtensa.