Re: Re: Fwd: Sending raw packets on eCos

 manesh <manesh.v@gmail.com> writes:

> Nick Garnett wrote:

> > I'm still interested to know what you are trying to achieve here.

>     We are trying to implement IPv4LL support on eCos which is used to
> dynamically configure the IP address on dhcp failure. This is kept
> active by sending ARP requests  at regular intervals.

I evaluated IPv4LL support myself a while ago. I believe I know how to
make it work, although have not done so yet. However, since this was
in the context of a commercial contract, I'm not really at liberty to
say anything more about it here.

You can, of course, contact eCosCentric to discuss a contractual
arrangement. See the link in my sig.

> > You have already named them above. Those are the only APIs
> > available. However, they are closely linked in to the BSD stack and it
> > will be hard to use them from application level.
>
> I received linker errors : undefined reference to eth_drive_write()
> when I tried to use that.

Even if you could link against the functions, I'm not sure they would
be usable from the application.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited     http://www.eCosCentric.com/   The eCos experts