Re: Pipes in eCos

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:24:39PM +0530, Venkateswara Rao L. wrote:
Hi all,

	It seams eCos does not support pipes, is there anything
equivalent to that?

Take a look at the thread:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-patches/2004-12/msg00034.html

It was decided not to include it because it does not really follow the
eCos way of doing things, but that should not stop you from using it
is you want.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Out of curiosity, how does that pipe/pty implementation fall short for eCos? I've been thinking of using it to get a select()-able file descriptor for inter-thread communication.

Are there improvements that could be made to make it fit into eCos better? I'd be willing to give it a try. Otherwise I'll just use my version quietly.

-Rich