Re: Re: Leon3 compatible with LAN91C111?

Tapio Koskinen wrote:
> Yes that is the driver I used. There were some problems with sw/hw
> co-operation.

You also have to add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_SPARC_LEON3.

The correct config command for leon3 and LANC91C111 is thus:

ecosconfig new sparc_leon3 net
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_SMSC_LAN91CXX CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_SPARC_LEON3
ecosconfig tree
make tests

> Also it was strange that endianess conversion wasn't
> needed even though Leon3 is big endian and LAN-controller little endian.

Endian conversion is typically done at the board level
by swapping the byte lanes. This is the case on the Nuhorizon
Spartan3 board, the Altera Nios boards, and on the GR-CPCI-AX
board from Pender. Which board are you using?

Note also that the interrupt from the LAN91C111 device comes
through PIO pin 4. You can change this with configtool if your
hardware uses a different pin.

Jiri.