i2c questions

I'm trying to use the i2c (with a bit-banged driver).  I've run
into a couple glitches so far:

1) The "delay" that's specified appears to be just added on to
   the intrinsic overhead of a bit-banged driver.  Is this the
   Specifying a delay of 10,000ns on my platform results in an
   actual clock period of about 59,000ns.  The description of
   the delay parameter in the reference manual appears to
   assume that there is zero overhead involved in the driver.
   Is this the expected behavior?

2) There doesn't seem to be any way to determine when writing
   zero bytes of data with cyg_i2c_tx() whether the operation
   was successful or not, since it returns 0 for both cases.  I
   presume one should use the lower-level "transaction"
   routines for this case?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! I'm having a
                                  at               quadraphonic sensation