Re: at91sam7 spi test code

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 04:55:35PM -0800, Frank Wu wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> It is very easy to get a SPI eeprom sample chip on line to be the SPI
> device.
> Maybe my question is not addressed clearly. What I want is how to use
> SPI driver in eCos porting to at91sam7 evaluation board (I have the
> board). Something like,
> 1) Initialize the spi port
> 2) write
> 3) read
> 4) use in interrupt/pulling mode

O.K. So you need to read the manual:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-spi.html

There is already a driver for the AT91SAM7S and AT91SAM7X, so there is
no need to write any new driver code.

What you need is a structure for each device on the bus. eg see
packages/devs/spi/arm/eb55/current/src/spi_eb55.c which declares a
DataFlash device on the bus. And you need a device drives for the
device, eg  packages/disk/generic/mmc/current/src

Unfortunately, i don't think there is a complete example in anoncvs of
all the parts coming together for one development board :-(

    Andrew