In-built shell for Redboot

eCos Experts,
  Is there a way I can invoke a function call directly from the shell,
with Redboot boot loader.
I want to add bunch of function calls to the code, and be able to
directly invoke them from
command line. Is there any package or configuration option I need to
choose?

  Right now I keep adding new Redboot Commands, to get arround this.

  Any suggestions/pointers would be great.

Thanks,