a question about the thread stack

Hi,

I have got one question about the stack for thread. As stated in Massa's book, thread is used for local variables and .... It seems that all variable excepts those globals are assigned to certain address in the stack, right?

Here is a question. If I have serveral threads running and all of them will call the same device driver, then the address of the local variables in the device driver will be different (in each thread's stack) or not?

Thanks for reply,

Regards,
Yi Tang