D programming language for eCos

Does anyone have experiences with the D programming language and eCos
that they could share?

It would be especially helpful if someone has tried and discovered
that this is a non-starter for eCos and can explain why and how this
is so.

Any thoughts?

I find that my reliance on C/C++&STL w/eCos are to solve precisely the
sort of problems that the D programming language is adressing.

My goal with using a language like D (or C/C++&STL&exceptions for that
sake) is to optimize code for correctness/development time while being
willing to sacrifice e.g. space/CPU. Many languages while scoring high
on correctness/development time break the space/CPU budget for eCos
projects.

Links:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/
http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/

Some thoughts on building GDC:

- I haven't read up on the runtime model and how the thread/exception
interface would work w/eCos. Would POSIX threads be sufficient? No
idea....
- Making the D runtime libraries match up to eCos seems like a rather
non-trivial exercise.
- Could D call eCos functions? There is a htod converter, but that it
should work out of the box is too good to be true...

-- Øyvind Harboe http://www.zylin.com