RE: ECOS PPP terminated because of echo-request being rejected by peer

It turns out that the LCP echo-reject from peer only happens on Sony
Ericsson T68i cell phone. I tried T-Mobile SIM and Cingular SIM in the
T68i cell phone and both SIM cards have the same behavior. But those SIM
cards just work fine on different cell phones (such as Nokia 6600).

In order for my device to work with T68i cell phone, I have to change
ECOS PPP so that it ignores LCP-echo-reject from peer. I treated the
LCP-echo-reject the same as LCP-echo-reply.

I also compared the Linux PPP with ECOS PPP, and found that Linux PPP by
default does not send LCP-echo-request after PPP is up. Of course Linux
PPP allows user to set these parameters.

I also compared the Windows-XP PPP, and Windows-XP does not send
LCP-echo-request either after PPP connection is established.

By looking up the RFC documents, I could not find the meaning/reason of
LCP-echo-reject. So I think as long as my device is able to receive
LCP-echo-reply or LCP-echo-reject, I will consider the PPP connection is
fine and will keep the connection up.

However, I am still wondering why Sony Ericsson T68i cell phone is
working differently. Maybe some bugs in Sony Ericsson T68i?

Cheers!

Weili Yao