Current state of at91rm9200/at91sam7x ethernet drivers

Looking more through the list archives (and email from Andrew :) it seems that a number of people are working on drivers and that the at91rm9200/at91sam7x ethernet peripherals are very similar.

I'd like to get this up and running in the next week or two and really don't want to duplicate all the work others have done. So, I'm curious to know a few things:

- where are others with respect to development for these chips?
- is the current state of "in-development" code available?
- do we currently have multiple versions of the code or is everyone working off a single code-base?
- how can I help? I'm pretty new to ecos (did some work with it a few years back) but have done quite a bit of low-level embedded development.

Thanks for your feedback!

Shannon