Re: USB Host Support in eCos

Himanshu Patel wrote:
Hi All,

We are using eCos for our system. Now we have requirement of having USB
Host support.

Do we have USB Host support in eCos? Or is there any work going on for
USB Host support in eCos? If we have to implement, which reference port
we can start with?

We are considering using Jungo stack. But how practical is it to
implement our own?

eCosCentric can provide this support - it's not in the public tree at this time.

As for how practical it is - this is a hard nut to crack.  USB host
in general is non-trivial since it's designed to work with many different
client types.  eCos is designed for embedded systems (hence eCos =
Embedded Configurable Operating System).  In this environment, the number
of clients is probably limited, e.g. only a USB FLASH drive, which can make
the problem more tractable.  It's still non-trivial which is why the
only support available at this time (AFAIK) is as a commercial add-on.

n.b. I'm not [formally] associated with eCosCentric.