Re: Re: Limit region of flash used by RedBoot for FIS?

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 08:51:04AM -0600, Grant Edwards wrote:
In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

I found CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_BASE which specifies a
reserved area that the bottom of flash, but I can't find a CDL
option that reserves space at the top of flash.  Care to give
me a hint?
CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK - default value is (-1) which
puts the FIS directory in the last erase block of the device.
Just set it to -(N+1), where N is the number of erase blocks that
you don't want RedBoot to touch.
Ah. Thanks.  It wasn't apparent (at least to me) from the
documentation for that option that anything beyond that block
would be untouched.  It might be good to add that useful bit of
info to the comment for that option.

Im not actually sure this is true. I suggest you look carefully at the code before you accidental stomp over your top 1Mbyte. In fact a quick examination of fis_init() suggests it does erase after the end of the cfg/fis blocks.

If this is true - it's an oversight from when we added this support. We certainly *wanted* it to work the way I described :-)

A patch would be appreciated if changes are required.