Using Redboot to load standalone application

Hi All,

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to RedBoot.  I have a commercial
Arm9-based embedded board which runs RedBoot and Linux.  I'm trying to
use Redboot to load a non-linux, stand-alone (i.e. no OS) application.
I've compiled a gnu toolchain targeting the Arm9 processor (arm-elf
target, gcc 4.01, binutils 2.17, newlib 1.14.0) and have built a small
test program using the compiler.  I load the test program onto a compact
flash card, boot the board to RedBoot, and load the test program into
RAM (RedBoot>load -m disk hda1:TestProgram.out).  I'm not quite sure at
this point whether I should use go or exec.  Unfortunately, neither
work.
When I type go, it displays the following text:
$T050f:08812100;0d:eccffd01;#1d

After reading some of the archives, I guess this is possibly being
generated by on-board debugging code?

If I load the program and type exec, the board just hangs.

If I understand things correctly, the go command is used to execute an
ecos application.  The exec command is used to execute non-ecos
applications such as linux kernels.  Apparently the MMU is turned off
when running exec (I don't know if this is how all configurations of
RedBoot work, or just the config for my board).

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?  I'm pretty sure that my
test app is writing to the serial port properly, as I've run basically
the same code under the embedded linux kernel for the board and it
executes as expected.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Eames.