kernel+shell: tclsh

Hello

I'd read a polemic about a redboot+kernel+shell behavior. I often use
tclsh for my own needs and think why do not use it? John Ousterhout
originally created Tcl as exactly an embeddable extension language. A
bit googling net I found 'The Jim Interpreter' (http://jim.berlios.de).
The Jim is the Tcl8.5 based cut (hack) for small footprint systems. It
is an open source project. In 5 minutes I compiled jim for my LPC2294
target (2M RAM) with -DJIM_ANSIC -Os flags (I used the `default' ecos
template with a `posix' package). I'd got a binary image about ~180k
(the lpc2294 has 256k on-chip flash memory). After a burning the image
I'd got a well know shell (well, I changed the Jim default prompt :).

% info commands
subst list ref time debug test eval env lrange setref lappend proc break
llength return linsert error catch split info rand collect if join
concat lambda source global switch getref for lreverse append format
finalize lmap package set lambdaFinalizer scan while * + dict - uplevel
continue / rename foreach lset tailcall upvar unset expr load exit
lindex incr puts lsort range string
%

I think that lite standard scripting language (shell) may be useful for
yours aims too.

Happy scripting,

Sergei Gavrikov