Re: fcntl error

On Fri, 12 May 2006 14:06:10 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:56:38PM +0630, aditya veer singh wrote:
> >

> > When I try to set a file descriptor as non blocking using system call:
> > fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) it returns an error during call of FILEIO_RETURN.
> > fd provided for the function is a valid one.
> >
> > Can someone provide me with few pointers as what can be possibly wrong with the
above call?

> The quickest way to understand this is simply single step the function
> call and find out where the error occurs.
>
> Use the source since you have it.
>
>     Andrew

What I understand from the code of fcntl is that
there is no case written for F_SETFL,
only case which is handled is F_DUPFD.
Therefore it returns a value of ENOTSUP.

Can command F_SETFL with O_NONBLOCK be used in eCos or is it a limitation?
What needs to be done support it?
Is there any other way to get the same result as from fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) by
using some other functions?

Aditya