RE: USB MSD stack

> From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
>
> You might also want to add to that list f) find out if USB allows a
> device to be both MSD and HID at the same time. g) Find out if eCos
> allows a device to be both MSD and HID at the same time. h) If not,
> find out if eCos allows the device to dynamically change between HID
> and MSD.
>
>From what I understand so far, USB allows a device to have multiple
"interfaces", in which each interface specifes the class of device, number
and id's of the endpoints, etc...

>From what I understand so far (hereafter abbreviated as FWIUSF), eCos will
pretty much allow me to do whatever I want in USB land -- it currently
provides support for some common client level USB transactions that must be
supported by all devices, and a sample ethernet-on-top-of-USB driver.

FWIUSF, eCos supports multiple interfaces on devices, so it should support
MSD and HID at the same time.

> > All of that being said, I still need to finish the low
> level driver... off
> > to coding land!
>
> What device is this? It seems USB has become popular recently with
> eCos. I know of three other device drivers in development at the
> moment.

We are using the OMAP5912 from TI.  I think Paul submitted some patches not
too long ago in preparation for submitting our HAL.  I anticipate submitting
our HAL to CVS sometime in the near future.

--wpd