Re: problem with missing headers in ramfs for redboot

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:34:33PM +0000, Warwick Brown wrote:
Hi,

I am currently trying to build redboot for the Altera EPXA1, but have hit upon a snag.

It appears I am missing some header files. I found ktypes.h and kapi.h and copied them into their rightful place in install/include/cyg/kernel

No, don't do that. If the header file needs to be there the build system will copy it there. If its missing it indicates a configuration problem.

Why do you want the ramfs in redboot?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply, I was compliling it merely because it was in the default template. I have removed it now, along with fileio (which I added to meet the ramfs dependancy), and it compiles fine.

Would I be right in assuming you dont need any filesystem support when uploading your program via redboot? forgive me if i sound lame, this is my first embedded eCos/arm project.

Thanks,

Warwick