Re: VIA Rhine (was Re: Redboot and ethernet)

At 12:00 AM 2/13/2006, Andrew wrote:
Have you looked at

packages/devs/eth/sh/hs7729pci/current

This is a hardware specific package to make the VIA Rhine run on an SH
HS 7729. The Intel version should be very similar.

This was a major clue, I found the bug. The bug is that the Epia MII Mini-ITX motherboard uses the HS6103 Phy and the MAC is integrated into the VT8325 south bridge. Apparently it is derived from the Rhine chip but is not the same as the Rhine chip.

The fact that it works partially suggests that the differences, while significant, are manageable. I'll look into that, but it also means I will have to create a separate node in the config tree for this driver. Sigh.

--Chuck