To: "Steve West" <swest@validatedsoftware.com>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] DHCP problems

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 01:33:09PM -0500, Steve West wrote:
I have upgraded from eCos 1.0 to the latest eCos version. Everything is
running fine except for DHCP. TCP & DNS work fine. The DHCP sends the
request to the server and a response comes back from the server, but the
DHCP client never receives the frame ( I see the frame on the sniffer). It
seems that it will not receive a broadcast frame. Any ideas?

What address is the frame sent back to, both IP address and MAC address. There have been problems in the past of the server doing this wrong, or not honoring the Broadcast flag. See section 4.1 of the RFC.

Andrew