Re: TCP Stack Testing problem

Hi Lunn,

Thanks for your valuble reply.
As you said i created a new project with i386 PC target and selected the net
option rather than the default in the template packages.
the startup type as Floppy.
In Basic networking - initialization options for eth0  I have selected the
Address setup for eth0.

Then i geneated the library and compiled the hello work program in
/ecos-2.0/examples.
Generated the bin of exe  i386-elf-objcopy -O binary nw_test nw_test.bin
copied ot floppy dd conv=sync if=nw_test.bin of=/dev/fd0
booted the target system.

From the host i tried to ping to target using ping 192.168.1.2
It says dest unreachable.

Even i tried to connect using gdb i386-elf-gdb nw_test
(gdb)target remote 192.168.1.2:9000
It says No route to host.

In this case how can i test the working of ping to target.
I have intel 82559 card in the target system.

I want to do a ping from my host to target system.
If  you are aware with this please guid me.

Regards,
Madhava S

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Lunn" <andrew@lunn.ch>