Re: scheduling problem

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 19:06 +0530, vasantha.rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We use Ecos and lwip_stack to develop our application.
>
>  I have some doubts.
>
>  1.What is the difference bewteen threads resumed before scheduler_start()
>  and threads resumed after scheduler_start().
>
>  2.has the scheduler have control over the threads resumed before
>  scheduler_start()?? If not how these threads are controlled and scheduled.
>
>  3.I have resumed a thread before scheduler_start() (only thread my
>  application has) and used cyg_thread_delay(),but my program got struck at
>  that point (i guess the code checks for pending DSR's.... but I am not
>  sure)

These are all the same question :-)

In eCos, no threads other than the main/initial thread are
run until the scheduler is started.  This happens either explicitly
(you write the call) or implicitly when cyg_user_start() completes.
When you resume a thread, you are simply making it possible for it
to run, but this does not happen until the scheduler is started.

Similarly, DSR functions will not be called until the scheduler is
running (since they are called as part of the scheduling 'loop')