Re: problem connection tcp

     > I try to creat a connection tcp, like client server, client is
     > on ecos and server on linux, but i have the following error:

     > BOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY
     >        htype: Ethernet
     >         hlen: 6
     >         hops: 0
     >          xid: 0x0
     >         secs: 0
     >        flags: 0x0
     >        hw_addr: 00:ff:0c:28:43:d9
     >      client IP: 192.168.1.2
     >          my IP: 192.168.1.2
     >      server IP: 192.168.1.101
     >     gateway IP: 192.168.1.1
     >         subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
     >        IP broadcast: 192.168.1.255
     >             gateway: 192.168.1.1

     > 0x01020380 in hal_thread_load_context () at mempolt2.inl:117
     > 117         Mempolt2WaitInfo waitinfo( size );

     > This segmentation fault happens on connect();
     > I don't understand like resolve it?

What hardware?

If the synthetic target and you are running a very recent Linux
kernel, that kernel may have problems with the brk() system call used
to initialize the eCos heap. I implemented a workaround last weekend
and checked it into anoncvs.

Otherwise it may be random memory corruption somewhere in your
application, or a stack overflow or similar. First try to run some of
the standard networking tests from net/common and see if they work.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect