Re: Redboot in a Router

This is the information displayed during the boot sequence of the
router, so I am not sure if its pre-GPL or not,

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROM]
Non-certified release, version UNKNOWN - built 13:49:51, Dec 17 2004
Platform: Blue_5g (MIPS32 4Kc)
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, Red Hat, Inc

I will check and see if there is any other information I can find in the
ROM image, but I cannot get it to stop at a command prompt, it just
ignores ^C and proceeds to boots Linux.

	Just had a 'quick' read of the old RHEPL license and section 3.2
"Availablilty of Source Code"  suggests that I should still be able to
get a copy of the source as thay have made an executable version
availble.

	I will do things the 'old' way and write them a letter.

	Any thoughts on how to 'break' into RedBoot while running Linux, or how
to change the boot up delay or other saved RedBoot options ?

Regards,

	AndyP