Re: Should there be conflicts in a template of an EcosProrelease?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:59:17PM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:17 -0700, Andrew Voelkel wrote:
> > It isn't as simple as adding Ethernet drivers. The Ethernet driver packages
> > are already included in the EcosPro Redboot template.
> >
> > And the "conflicts" don't seem to be missing packages as far as I can tell,
> > rather they are certain configuration item settings that seem to be needed.
> >
> > So I am still mystified as to why so many configuration items are inactive.
> >
> > But I really don't understand the inner workings well enough yet. I guess
> > there is no free lunch. Time to read.

I find it best to read the ecos.ecc file. It will tell you why a
specific option is disabled. eg taking a random example:

# <
# Synthetic FLASH memory support
# FLASH memory device support for Synthetic target
#
cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SYNTH {
    # Packages cannot be added or removed, nor can their version be changed,
    # simply by editing their value. Instead the appropriate configuration
    # should be used to perform these actions.

    # This option is not active
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
    #     CYGPKG_IO_FLASH (unknown) == 0
    #   --> 0

    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: booldata
    # Current value: 1 current
    # Requires: CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES
    #     CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES == 1
    #   --> 1
};

As you can see this option is not active, so in the GUI it will be
grayed out. But you can also see that it is not active because it
requires CYGPKG_IO_FLASH which is unknown. You can also see that it
requires CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES, which is known and has a value of 1.
So just adding CYGYPKG_IO_FLASH will enable this package.

        Andrew