hi ,

    I was trying withserial port. i too serached the mailing list for a
solution and didnt find any . Like using hyperterminal was there but
using minicom wasnt  or any sort in linux.

    I did was from the host side

This was done using gdb . Is this the correct way . I think my serial
connection is working .

***************************************************88

[root@localhost ~]# i386-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 5.3
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i386-elf".
(gdb) set baudrate 38400
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb) q
[root@localhost ~]# i386-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 5.3
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i386-elf".
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
0x0000dcec in ?? ()
(gdb) load /root/hello1
Start address 0x108000, load size 44983
Transfer rate: 27681 bits/sec, 316 bytes/write.
(gdb) go
Undefined command: "go".  Try "help".
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
Hello, eCos world!

  But when i try from the redboot by giving  " load -m xmodem "
 its showing. " CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC "

  I think it is not necessary to give any file name. Is it the right way .
 the file hello1 is in  "/root " folder. sall i specify the path.

  thanks
     Pai