Re: RedBoot load problem

Hi,

On 22-Jul-2005 Edgar Grimberg wrote:
> I have a fresh RedBoot (taken from CVS about 2 weeks ago) and a eb40
> like board. I built it as ROM startup and loaded it to the board with
> BDI2000. I get the prompt and I can issue commands...
> When I try to load something into RAM, using load command, I don't see
> any bytes loading. For example:
>
> RedBoot> load -m ymodem -b %{FREEMEMLO} -r
> gives me the "C" in console, and on the file transfer window from
> minicom I get:
> Retry 0: NAK on sector
> until it gives me:
> Retry 0: Retry Count Exceeded
Have you ever successfully uploaded s.th. to this board via ymodem ?
Have you tried xmodem ? Have you tried a minicom-alternaitve ? Have you tried
sb without minicom, like "sb filenameandoptions < /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0" ?

As curiosity, does it help if you disconnect the serial cable as soon as you
get "C", then start the minicom-filetransfer, and then reconnect the cable ?

I do not know eb40 details and I do not yet know RedBoot details, but I know
there have been some strange interaction problems with minicom and sx
(xmodem) when using at91rm9200 firmware. One solution can be found there:
http://www.koansoftware.com/en/art.php?art=68
see also: (including arm linux mailing list archive discussion)
http://www.google.com/search?q=at91rm9200+xmodem+minicom+problem&hl=en&lr=&fil
ter=0

But maybe someone who knows eb40 and redboot better than me can help you
better.

Bye,
Wolfgang