RedBoot and big image file

Hi,

I want to upload my ROM application to the target using RedBoot. The problem is that the image file is bigger than the available RAM.
My idea is to upload a S-Rec file record by record and, after one record has been successfully loaded into RAM, I flash it in the ROM. Any hits, suggestions, maybe there is something similar already done (I don't want to reinvent the wheel) are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Edgar