Re: Help regarding:installing tftp-hpa on ecos, using lwip instead of the default tcp/ip stack???

Hi Thomas,

  Thanks for the reply

On 7/12/05, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 13:58 +0200, Durgaprasad Chivukula wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> >  I am a newbie to ecos , I installed ecos checked out from the latest
> > CVS on a PC (i386 ) with redhat linux  9.0 , I have few questions
> > regarding ecos
> >
> > 1.Can I install the tftp-hpa-0.40 package on ecos , if so what changes
> > I have to do in make file and other files inorder to install.
> >
> > 2.The thing is I am taking the (low weight ip) lwip port to ecos and
> > make the tftp-hpa to use lwip to "get" and "put" files on ecos , is
> > this possible to do so ? I want to say the tftp-hpa to use lwip ,
> > instead of the default tcp/ip stack from ecos
> > How can I accomplish this ? To say it in raw words I want to test
> > tftp-hpa with lwip and not the default tcp/ip  stack from OS
> >
> > I read from the ecos documentation that we can disable a feature and
> > add new features to ecos , I mean a way of configuring the OS , is
> > this possible to do so with the problems I mentioned above?
> >
> > Please give me some ideas to proceed in my problem.Any kind of
> > suggestions are welcome
>
> Why do you want to install this package?  eCos already has complete
> TFTP client and server support available.

The reason , I am installing this package is to get  tftp/udp/ip stack
running for my embedded system and I want to test this stack
basically. So I took lwip and then the tftp-hpa and now want to test
this as a whole whether the tftp -hpa uses lwip or not..?

Is it possible.. to confugure ecos in such a way that it uses lwip for
getting and putting files , using the tftp client and server from ecos
, without the need to install tftp-hpa??? If its possible can I use
the code that ecos provides for tftp client and server..???

> To answer the question more directly; porting *any* outside package
> takes some thought and time.  eCos is *not* Linux, and while it can
> provide a POSIX environment, building for an embedded system requires
> tuning of the sources, etc.

 I read that , ecos is not linux ..., and I did nget the exact meaning
of the sentence in your reply  " and while it can provide a POSIX
environment, building for an embedded system requires  tuning of the
sources, etc. " Can you please clarify..?