Re: Re: A suitable x86 based board

Grant Edwards wrote:

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

Yeah PC Motherboard is also fine. But what I wanted was that
is it possible to do away with a floppy drive totally ?

Just don't install one? About half of my Linux boxes don't have floppy disk drives.

We have hard-disk/usb pen drive for logging data .. And we
have ideflash.

OK.

Is it possible to have the application on the
hard-drive/usb-pen drive /flash such that manual loading can
be done away with.

I don't understand teh question. Assuming it _is_ a question.

What I meant was that so far with i386 PC as target I had been booting using FLOPPY + Redboot.

Can I do away with the floppy drive and boot the pc/board and load the application using ideflash and/or
usb pendrive ??
-- Vamshi