RE: Atmel EB40A: Redboot in ROM doesn't start

> From: Jaws
>
>     I'm using the Atmel Evaluation Board EB40A and I'm trying to
> install the
> Redboot in flash through Angel boot already present into the board.
> I'm following the document at the link:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/at91.html
> and I succefully launched the redboot in RAM and copied the ROM version in
> FLASH, but when I reboot the board in the user mode nothing happens on the
> serial interface. So I immaging that the Redboot version in Flash didn't
> start.
>     Anyone have experience of that? Is it possible to debug the
> Redboot ROM
> version in flash to understand what happens?

What I did was use Angel to burn the ROM Redboot into the other half of the
flash, and then swap the jumper. Worked fine. You might try that, just to
find out if the problem is with the loading and burning, not the version of
Redboot itself.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco