RE: Installation problems - ECOS toolset on Windows platform

>> (c:\progs\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\packages on my machine) When I
>selected
>> this directory, I got the same old barrage of error messages about the
>lack
>> of valid version subdirectories, and then configtool.exe quit.
>
>Exactly what do you have ECOS_REPOSITORY set to?  Perhaps you used
>"abc\def" instead of "abc/def"?
>
>Also, the scripts 'ecosenv.sh' are not run, but rather included, like
>this:
>  % . ecosenv.sh
>This way, the script can set environment variables which persist in the
>calling shell.

I did indeed run into weirdnesses due to my inexperience with the shells and
the way they run shell scripts. (The last time I really worked in a Unix
environment was in the early eighties). However, I worked around this by
manually typing the commands contained in ecosenv.sh into the shell. I then
double checked my work by calling "set | grep ECOS", as I mentioned in my
previous email. This allowed me to check for typos as well. The value I used
for ECOS_REPOSITORY was "/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages".

But the point is that when you have an obviously bogus value for
ECOS-REPOSITORY, you get a different error message, explaining that the
directory is not a repository. The error message barrage that I get is
different, and seems to indicate that the configtool recognizes the
directory as a repository, yet is not happy about "valid version
subdirectories".

Still no joy. Help, anyone?

- Andy Voelkel