Re: ROMable Code Still having problems

It seems to stop or hang-up while coping FLASH to RAM
after the 1st word is copied (I started with the adder
code).

Actually, sometimes it just stops -- no bus activity.
I found this in variant.inc

	.macro hal_cpu_init
        # Disable special MPC8xx "development support"
which
	# suppresses trace exceptions. The CPU seems to hang,
not
        # executing from offset 0x1e00(?) as expected.
        lwi	r3,0x00000007
        mtspr	ICTRL,r3
        li      r3,0
        mtspr   DER, r3

If I change the 0x7 to a 0 -- it starts to write to
the terminal before "stopping".

Anybody remember this??