Re: Fedora Core 3 - Ecos synth crashes.

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Bart Veer wrote:

What you are looking at there is a struct sigaction, not a struct
old_sigaction.

Hmm, I saw that in the code, but I'm not totally convinced.

As I read it, somewhere down the bottom of everything the linux sigaction system call is made and it is expecting the new type sigaction. Linux is expecting distributors to recompile #including the new headers which would result in it all just working. Unfortunately ecos copies and pastes the old struct definition hence remains out of step.

Valgrind seems to second my reading of this in that it whinges about uninitialized data being passed to sigaction without my mods, and is happy with them.

John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639 Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632 PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz New Zealand

Somewhere on the edge of a Galaxy, one of literally billions of such galaxies, is a sun, one of literally billions of suns in that galaxy.

Orbiting that sun is a small rock 330000 times smaller than that
sun.

This rock is  covered by a very very thin scum  of life. (Think 6000km
of rock followed by a meter or so of biomass.)

Amongst the millions of species in that scum are many hundreds of
thousands of types beetle and a mere handful of primates.

Surprisingly enough, this email does not originate from a beetle.

It originates from just one of the 6 billion vastly outnumbered humans.

I trust you will keep this perspective and context in mind when
reacting to this email.