To: "Gon?alo Antunes" <gmma@gmma.net>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] i386 problem

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 05:11:36PM +0100, Gon?alo Antunes wrote:
Hello.

I installed eCos again, updated the repository and built some tests again...
The problem is really, as Andrew Lunn said, when linking with the pci tests.
Everything is alright when HAL_STARTUP is not the Floppy...

Is there a way to have a .ecc file with network support and http to run
from a floppy? what are the packages needed to do this? How can I check the
image size so I can fit it to a floppy?

The network stack allocates a lot of space for packet buffers. You can
control this with CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE. I suggest you try different
sizes and see what works.

You can also try to use the lwip stack instead of the freebsd
stack. lwip is much smaller.

Andrew