Ethernet application i386

Hi again..

My application will run on a i386 pc, booting from floppy.
It will be a tiny webserver, running on the home network. DHCP or not... I
will decide that later.
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to put this application running?
I know that I have to include a network package (which one do you
recomend?), ethernet drivers (??) and the HTTP server package.

Can you tell me the guidelines to put the application booting, put the
Network (realtek) adapter up, get an IP and starting to respond to http
requests?

Thank you very very much.

Regards,

Gonçalo Antunes.