Re: eCos on 80186

    Bruno> I read on archieves that is possible run eCos on 16 bits
    Bruno> processor, but I would like known if someone have did this
    Bruno> port, and if possible what I need do to do this port to a
    Bruno> aMD 80186 processor

The term "16 bit processor" is poorly defined.

In the case of an 80186, an eCos port is unlikely. eCos depends on gcc
and the compiler only supports 386 onwards. Both gcc and eCos assume a
simple linear address space, not the segment/offset complications in
early x86 processors.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect