GDB to connect the target

Hi all,

I have import the Redboot to the i386 PC,
Then while connecting to the target PC by GDB, it give me a warning like this:

Com1:Not a tyewriter
GDB cannot connect to the target board using com1.
Verify that the board is securely connected and, if necessary, Modify the port setting with debugger preferences.

What wrong about it? Thanks!

Regards,
Tao

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
[Delta Electronics (Jiang Su) Ltd]