To: "Badri Sampathkumar" <badri@atheros.com>
Cc: "eCos Discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ecos net stack query

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 15:48 -0800, Badri Sampathkumar wrote:
Hi All,

I am using the Free BSB networking stack as part of my BSP for my custom
board.
I am trying to bringup the Ethernet driver for the board.

I am able to successfuly tx/rx packets from/to my ethernet hardware
driver.

When I try to give the received pkts to the upper layers of the tcp/ip
stack
for e.g ARP, IP modules, the packets get queued up into their respective
queues (arpintrq, ipintrq etc) and they are not processed from there on.
They seem to be remaining in the queue for a long time. so i am not able
ping another m/c from my board or vice versa.

I have confirmed that the pkts are received correctly in the hardware
driver
by running ethereal on the peer host and then cross checking the hex dump
of
the
pkts between the hw driver and the ethereal dump.

What else do you have running? How did you configure your kernel? Have you tried the standard network tests? That's the best way to make sure the stack is working from the start.