RE: HELP Unable to ping the device

Hello Gary,

The network problem at redboot persists.

> > Hello all,
> >
> > Sorry, the previuus mailwas with a wrong subject.
>
> Yup :-(
>
> > I am working on cirrus logic BSP & using EBD19312 board. I am unable
> > ping the device.
> >
> > I am able to see the redboot prompt on my minicom. As I don't have a
> > BOOTP on my network(cross cabled), I have configured the IP using
> > ip_address command of redboot.
> >
> > The steps I followed are
> > 1) Connected to the host through cross cable (Host running tftp
server).
> > 2) D/W the Redboot using serial cable.
> > 3) executed the following command successfully
> > 	fis init -f
> > 	fconfig -i
> > 	ip_address -l 100.100.100.43 -h 100.100.100.13 ( NO DHCPd/
> > BOOTp)
> >
> > After that, when I ping to HOST(100.100.100.13), it returns TIMED
OUT.

> > I am using a Intel 82557/8/9 ( cat/proc/pci entry shown card). I am
not
> > able to guess the problem.
>
> How did you configure the port on your host computer?

Baud rate = 57600 8N1
Hardware Flow control = NO
Serial device 	    = dev/ttyS0

> Have you tried any debugging techniques?
>   * Turn on network debug in RedBoot (requires reboot to become
effective)

Sorry, I did not do that. How do I turn on the network debug in redboot?
However, I get some message when I start the board after the redboot is
loaded.

>   * Watch the "wire" from Linux (ethereal or tcpdump)
I watched it. I watched through ethereal what are the packets that the
device is sending after installing redboot & restarting it.
It is sending nothing.

I am less into ethereal stuff. I just doubt, Is the ethereal capable of
capturing the bootp request patkets on the network. Just becos the
fields on the ethereal display are

	Time	  Source	destination	  xxx	  xx

& if the board is sending some BOOTP packets how will the ethereal
display them on the screen. I just doubt as there is no IP assigned yet
to the board we are using.

Regards,
Mukund jampala