Re: fis write from linux kernel

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 06:15:23AM -0500, alfred hitch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some more debugging ,
> I can write successfully to other areas of flash using my code .
> so it seems that the redboot is locking that last erase block (fis
> area) and so buffer_write mode fails ??
>
> if that the case, how can I verify and change this in the redboot code ?
> Somone please tell me atleast this.

Changing RedBoot is not a reliable solution. You never know the state
of the flash, so you have to assume it is locked. Been there, done
that, fallen into the trap. What you really want to do it make Linux
unlock the block before you write to it. I don't know mtd, but i
expect there is a way to do this.

        Andrew