redboot, slow upload, load -v -m ymodem failures for >150k binaries

Hello,
 I'm trying to prepare application for EB42 board, unfortunatelly using ROM
redboot I found that it work way slower than it's RAM counterpart ( I had
to change speed from 38400 to 9600 to be able to upload anything ).
 Changing speed to 9600 fixed the problem for a while, but after I compiled
in few options (lwip for example) my binaries grew in size, and now they're
~170-230k. That wouldn't be a big problem, because the board has 256k RAM,
but I'm unable to upload those binaries to the board using RedBoot, errors
appear after 160-200k of sent data ( using ymodem method ).

 This is extreme example, here's hello world:
[ymodem upload - Press CTRL-C to quit]
Sending: hello.srec
Bytes Sent: 161664   BPS:765
RedBoot>  Transfer complete
RedBoot>
Here's the same code with stack +4096 bytes larger:
arm-elf-size hello.srec:
       0   53860       0   53860    d264 hello.srec
it's uploading fine for a few minutes:
Sending: hello.srec
Ymodem sectors/kbytes sent: 615/76k
but then, it goes:
	Retry 0: NAK on sector
	Retry 0: Got 29 for sector ACK
	RedBoot>  Retry 0: NAK on sector
	** Error: Retry 0: Got 44 for sector ACK
	RedBoot>  Retry 0: NAK on sector
	RedBoot>  Retry 0: Got 44 for sector ACK

It happens every time with 'larger' binaries, it happens once in a while
for smaller ones, but then I just retry and all is well.

 When I revert to Angel boot loader, and upload binaries using arm-elf-gdb,
all is well, and I can upload even ~200k execs, but then when I try to run
them they just stand still.

 What should I do? Is there some known problem with redboot? Should I
attempt to fix it or maybe just fall back on angel?
 What should I do to be able to create angel/standalone eCos binaries?

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9