Re: using the Qt virtual frame buffer (qvfb) from ecossynth. target

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 21:38 +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached are two files which implement a simple interface to the Qt virtual
> frame buffer (qvfb). qvfb is a tool which comes with Qt and which simulates a
> frame buffer display by providing a shared memory segment and displaying its
> contents under X.

Interesting.  Perhaps you could abstract this to a general frame buffer
support (which could be implemented any number of ways...) so that we
can make use of it elsewhere, e.g. by the microwindows code.  That way
one could configure a synthetic target with microwindows + qtfb and
expect the results to be indicative of microwindows + XYZfb on real
hardware.

As for the license, I don't see that putting the exception in there
hurts, especially since it looks like you wrote the code from scratch.