JFFS : Streaming files into

Hello All,

PROBLEM : JFFS2 appears to hang when streaming a file to it.

We are currently trying to stream a file from a y-modem connection into
JFFS and this is proving very unreliable. We have no problems with the
y-modem transfer (independently verified), but it appears that JFFS
hangs at seemingly random points during the transfer, but occasionaly
the full file will transfer correctly.

We have tried transferring a file into a clean JFFS (flash erased) and
also into a 'used' JFFS (contains files). We have debug level 1 turned
on and the debug output does not indicate a problem, i.e. no allocation
problems are reported.

It does not appear to matter what size file we transfer and we always
have sufficient storage space for the file we do transfer. The y-modem
protocol transfers either 128 or 1024 byte blocks, but we buffer a full
1024 before we write to JFFS.

Has anyone tried to use JFFS in this type of application (with or
without success!)?

We are using a Intel PXA26X and the underlying flash is Intel
StrataFlash.

Any recommendations, things to try, settings to tweak?

We are inexperienced with JFFS and any pointers would be good.

Cheers

Andy Atkinson
Software Engineer
Hydrix Pty Ltd