Re: redboot on IXDP425

Mark Salter wrote:

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 21:39 +0300, Nickolay wrote:>

Hmm... but we talk about vxWorks loader, not vxWorks operation system.
And i think that vxWorks loader doesn't use MMU?

Then the current RAM-based RedBoot will not work. The RAM-based
RedBoot expects that a ROM-based RedBoot exists and has setup
the MMU. It would take a little effort to come up with a
configuration that starts from RAM with MMU off and doesn't
rely on a ROM-based RedBoot.

Really, the easiest way to program the flash is with a jtag
based solution. Something like a BDI2000 on the high-end or
a cheaper solution using something like a Memec IJC (or
even a homemade) cable with JFlash software.

--Mark

Oh... I understand now, that load the RAM image of redboot loader without ROM version
installed is so hard. And maybe incredible!
OK. Now i make attempt to create JTAG cable and write ROM-image with jflash-linux.
Maybe anyone has expirience with creating JTAG-cable?