cannot input under C-kermit

I have porting redboot into my board. By Termpro under windows-xp, when I boot my board, I get redboot output message on termpro. I can also input command on prompt.
But when I change the host to linux (red-hat 9.0), and then use C-kermit as a console, I can get redboot output message, but I cannnot input anything on prompt.
The setting of kermit is following:

$kermit
$set line /dev/ttyS0
$set carrier-watch off
$set speed 38400
$c

should I do any further setting for kermit? should I do any further porting to my redboot? Could you please give me any advice?

xxchen