cyg_fs_lock() problem with jffs2 garbage collect

Hi folks

This is probably a question for Nick....

I'm trying to incorporate the jffs2 garbage collect patch. jffs2 is
setup to use filesystem locking. So i want to lock the filesystem
before the gcthread makes a garbage collect pass. ie call
cyg_lock_fs(mte).

The problem is, i don't know what mte is. The filesystem itself does
not care where it is mounted. The problem is made worse by the fact
the same filesystem can be mounted multiple times so has multiple mte
entries. So i cannot store mte in the superblock.

So how can i find out mte, so i can lock the filesystem?

I could walk cyg_mtab[] to find one of the mounts with root pointing
to the root of the filesystem, but it seems wrong for a filesystem to
be doing this.

Does anybody have a better suggestion?

        Thanks
                Andrew